From May 27th to August 5th, I will be on a summer project in North Myrtle Beach, SC. This project will stretch my time and faith in new ways.

The project is run by Campus Crusade for Christ International, an evangelical Christian ministry which operates on over 1000 college and university campuses worldwide.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Suburn

For those who know me somewhat well, you know that I do not often wear sunscreen, as I very infrequently encounter sunburn. This "boldness under the sun," however, is very poorly suited to South Carolina's UV index.

I have been here less than 24 hours, and I already have moderate sunburn on my face, back, and arms. I was outside unprotected for only about 2 hours, and in the midwest that is not enough to get burned. This has served as a wake-up call: I am most certainly NOT in the midwest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home