From May 27th to August 5th, I will be on a summer project in North Myrtle Beach, SC. This project will stretch my time and faith in new ways.

The project is run by Campus Crusade for Christ International, an evangelical Christian ministry which operates on over 1000 college and university campuses worldwide.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Jobs

Yesterday we were charged with finding jobs, and it turned out to be a
humbling experience for me. I applied at a grocery store and two golf
courses/country clubs, and was not accepted for any of the positions. I
was somewhat discouraged, as most of the project seemed to have gotten
jobs already (including both my roommates). Still, I trusted that the
Lord would provide me with a means for self-sustenance.

My search was rewarded with a job today. After applying at Denny's, I
was offered a position as a dishwasher.

This particular Denny's is one of the "classic" look ones, with chrome
walls and bright red vinyl seat covers. It seems to be a very fun work
environment, as the workers are laid back and the manager is very nice
and accommodating.

I have never worked in this type of job before, but I am very excited
to operate the high pressure cleaning equipment. Far more than that,
however, I am excited to interact with my coworkers and share the love
of Christ with them.

I will not be alone at this job- among my coworkers are Casey, Leah,
and Emmy. We will have a great time serving others and the Lord.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the jorb finding!!! I hope you like washing dishes at Denny's. Just close your eyes and pretend you are washing the dishes in the ocean. Bring along a tape of ocean noises if that helps. cheers!!
Danno!

11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember this when things get tough at work.

11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home